Ireland gets a taste of Oz as chef Dean Coppard hits prime time TV
By Laura Irwin
A CHEF renowned for his authentic culinary techniques has been cooking up a storm on a prime time TV programme showcasing his talents for all of Ireland to see.
Dean Coppard, Head Chef at Uluru Bar & Grill in Armagh’s historic city centre, featured this week on The Seven O’Clock Show on TV3.
Dean, who was approached by the producers who were keen to give their audience something different, made his debut appearance with presenters Martin King and Lucy Kennedy.
The popular Australian chef made pulled pork burgers with some assistance from Veteran Sports Broadcaster Jimmy Magee and Comedian Ross Browne and presenter Martin King.
Speaking after Monday night’s live programme, Dean said: “The programme was live so it was nerve wracking as it was my first time on live TV but it was a fantastic opportunity for me to showcase the uniqueness of our dishes which people get to taste every day in Uluru Bar & Grill.
“I loved the interaction on the show with Martin and Lucy and then to be able to take questions from the audience and answer them was great fun.
“I think what made the experience different for the viewers was the fact I cook food in an authentic style but with an Australian twist. Our cooking techniques in Uluru Bar & Grill create such a buzz that people ask for recipes so I am thrilled the TV3 viewers will be able to sample their own versions of our dishes.”
The producers of The Seven O’Clock Show have invited Dean out of the kitchens at Uluru Bar & Grill to step back on set for another two shows on Monday, August 10 and Tuesday, August 25.
Notes To Editor:
- Emersons is a family run supermarket which has been serving the local community for 125 years. The supermarket employs 110 people and is committed to creating a sustainable future on the high street in Armagh city centre. Emersons houses a local family supermarket, the city’s Post Office, the Wine Store and Uluru Bar & Grill.
- Uluru Bar & Grill is an award winning restaurant where chefs cook with an Australian twist to create an exciting culinary experience.
- The Wine Store at Emersons stocks a large selection of fine wines and craft beers.
- The Post Office customers will be able to pay bills, do banking, collect benefits and change travel money as well as use the postage, home shopping returns and Local Collect services.
- For further information or interview requests contact Eleanor McGillie of MGMPR Ltd on 028 3756 9569 | 07709805379 | mgmpr.co.uk | Retail PR | Food and Drink PR Northern Ireland | PR Northern Ireland | Public Relations UK | Brand Journalism Northern Ireland | Brand Journalism UK | Brand Journalism Experts