New Emersons store to get Australian twist as Uluru announce relocation
By Eleanor McGillie
Award winning restaurant Uluru Bar & Grill has announced it is to relocate into the Emersons store in a move which will create 25 new jobs.
The restaurant, which is currently located in Market Street, Armagh, has won a string of awards including Restaurant Association of Ireland ‘best restaurant’ and ‘best wine experience’ for county Armagh. It has also been mentioned in The Michelin Guide 2014/15 and is the only restaurant to be listed in The Good Food Guide 2015 for County Armagh.
The latest announcement in the works programme includes the creation of 25 new jobs including chefs and front of house staff and is the last piece of the jigsaw in the £2million high street investment project.
Dean Coppard, crowned ‘International and Ethnic Chef of the Year’, opened the restaurant in 2005 with his wife Sara and has built its reputation as being one of the most unique eating houses in Northern Ireland.
Speaking about the relocation, Dean said: “Our customers mean the world to us. We love that they keep coming back to us for food cooked with our Australian twist, good wines, beers and our all round hospitality.
“Demand for more space and an increase in our customer base means we must cater for our customers’ needs. All our efforts, from sourcing local food from local suppliers, developing our cooking techniques, to enhancing our menu offerings and improving on our capacity to suit everyone, will enhance the experience for all.
“Our new concept has evolved from the original Uluru restaurant. With our love of food and our added capacity we will be able to provide a more varied offering for all diners from couples, small groups, families and larger groups, including our corporate customers, while keeping our award winning service and innovative style of cuisine.
“This is an extremely exciting development for the high street and we are delighted to be a part of it.”
Gavin Emerson, owner of Emersons supermarket, said: “Emersons has a very special story to tell and this reinvestment in our high street is the next chapter. We are totally committed to serving the people in Armagh city and district as we have done so for 125 years.
“People will be able to access car parking facilities, a range of Post Office services, a varied menu in Uluru offering for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as doing their weekly or daily shop, all under the one roof and right in the centre of the town.
“For generations, the Emersons family been encouraging the people of Armagh to support local businesses. We look forward to welcoming our existing and new customers through the doors.”
The opening date for Uluru at Emersons is yet to be confirmed. The announcement of the Post Office opening date is expected in the next few weeks.
Notes To Editor:
- Emersons is a family run supermarket which has been serving the local community for 125 years. The supermarket employs 110 people and is committed to creating a sustainable future on the high street in Armagh city centre. Emersons houses a local family supermarket, the city’s Post Office, the Wine Store and Uluru Bar & Grill.
- Uluru Bar & Grill is an award winning restaurant where chefs cook with an Australian twist to create an exciting culinary experience.
- The Wine Store at Emersons stocks a large selection of fine wines and craft beers.
- The Post Office customers will be able to pay bills, do banking, collect benefits and change travel money as well as use the postage, home shopping returns and Local Collect services.
- For further information or interview requests contact Eleanor McGillie of MGMPR Ltd on 028 3756 9569 | 07709805379 | mgmpr.co.uk | Retail PR | Food and Drink PR | Public Relations Northern Ireland | Public Relations UK | Brand Journalism Northern Ireland | Brand Journalism UK | Brand Journalism Experts