Post Office is officially opened in Armagh as customers queue up for quality service
By Eleanor McGillie
Armagh’s Post Office is now up and running after a successful relocation to its new facility in the new look Emersons supermarket.
The new counter, which started operating last Thursday, has been busy with customers lining up to avail of the wide range of services.
The new open plan Post Office has four counter positions, one modern screened counter and two open-plan positions. There is also a Post Office terminal by the shop’s retail till which will enable customers to benefit from services during Emerson’s opening hours.
Gavin Emerson, owner of Emersons supermarket, and Mark Gibson from Post Office Ltd, welcomed the staff to their new premises.
Mr Emerson said: “Since the Post Office opened last Thursday we have had a constant stream of customers in using the services. We are delighted the Post Office is here at Emersons and we will continue to welcome customers through our doors.”
Notes To Editor:
- Emersons is a family run supermarket which has been serving the local community for 125 years. The supermarket employs 110 people and is committed to creating a sustainable future on the high street in Armagh city centre. Emersons houses a local family supermarket, the city’s Post Office, the Wine Store and Uluru Bar & Grill.
- Uluru Bar & Grill is an award winning restaurant where chefs cook with an Australian twist to create an exciting culinary experience.
- The Wine Store at Emersons stocks a large selection of fine wines and craft beers.
- The Post Office customers will be able to pay bills, do banking, collect benefits and change travel money as well as use the postage, home shopping returns and Local Collect services.
- For further information or interview requests contact Eleanor McGillie of MGMPR Ltd on 028 3756 9569 | 07709805379 | mgmpr.co.uk | Retail PR | Food and Drink PR | Public Relations Northern Ireland | Public Relations UK | Brand Journalism Northern Ireland | Brand Journalism UK | Brand Journalism Experts