Uluru tipped in global top 10 list as restaurant marks the end of an era
By Eleanor McGillie
Northern Ireland’s only Australian restaurant has been tipped in the top 10 places in the world outside Australia to enjoy authentic Australian cuisine.
Uluru Bistro, which closed its doors this weekend in preparation for its big move as Uluru Bar & Grill to Market Street, was nominated in the top 10 by the Cheapflights team who list their favourite Australian eateries around the globe.
Listed alongside other Australian restaurants in honour of this year’s Australian Day, Uluru featured on the list beside other recommended restaurants in Boston, Austria, London, Denmark, Canada, Spain, Kuala Lumpur, Scotland and Germany.
Named after the famous natural wonder, the Cheapflights team described Uluru as a restaurant which “produces good clean food with an Australian twist”.
Speaking this week, owner and Sydney ex-pat, Dean Coppard said: “It’s pretty cool we made it onto this list especially as we have reached a real milestone with Uluru. We closed our doors this weekend in preparation for our relocation to our new premises on Market Street in Armagh’s historic city centre.
“It was emotional for us but we were totally booked out with regulars and newcomers who all raised a glass and wished us every success.”
“Our customers loves the Australian twist in our cooking styles. But very soon we will be able to welcome so many more customers through our doors in our new location which is much larger and will have lots of welcome additions.
“We would like to extend our sincere thanks to our customers over the years. We look forward to welcoming you very soon in our new Uluru Bar & Grill.”
Notes To Editor:
- Emersons is a family run supermarket which has been serving the local community for 125 years. The supermarket employs 110 people and is committed to creating a sustainable future on the high street in Armagh city centre. Emersons houses a local family supermarket, the city’s Post Office, the Wine Store and Uluru Bar & Grill.
- Uluru Bar & Grill is an award winning restaurant where chefs cook with an Australian twist to create an exciting culinary experience.
- The Wine Store at Emersons stocks a large selection of fine wines and craft beers.
- The Post Office customers will be able to pay bills, do banking, collect benefits and change travel money as well as use the postage, home shopping returns and Local Collect services.
- For further information or interview requests contact Eleanor McGillie of MGMPR Ltd on 028 3756 9569 | 07709805379 | mgmpr.co.uk | Retail PR | Food and Drink PR | Public Relations Northern Ireland | Public Relations UK | Brand Journalism Northern Ireland | Brand Journalism UK | Brand Journalism Experts